Jooney Woodward is a British photographer based in London. Born in 1979, she studied at Camberwell College of Arts.
In 2011 she was awarded First Prize in the Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize at the National Portrait Gallery with her portrait Harriet and Gentleman Jack.
Her photography often documents the British at leisure and seeks to explore the relationship between lifestyle and identity. She has exhibited widely, including a solo show at MOMA Wales.
Commissions include AFAR, American Vogue, Apollo, Departures, Esquire, The Fader, The Guardian, ICON, Jamie Magazine, M Le magazine du Monde, Surface, T: The New York Times, Telegraph Magazine, Travel + Leisure, The Times and The Wellcome Trust.
- American Photography 32 2016 Winner
- Royal Academy of Arts Summer Exhibition 2015
- Royal Academy of Arts Summer Exhibition 2014
- PX3 Paris Photography Prize 2014
- Royal Academy of Arts Summer Exhibition 2013
- Creative Review Photography Annual 2012
- The Photography Award. London Awards for Art and Performance 2012 Winner
- Magenta Flash Forward Emerging Photographers 2012 Winner
- The AOP Open Awards 2012
- Foto8 Summershow 2012
- The Art of Photography Show 2012
- Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize 2011 First Prize
- The AOP Open Awards 2011
- Royal Academy of Arts Summer Exhibition 2015 London
- Royal Academy of Arts Summer Exhibition 2014 London
- National Portrait Gallery Portrait Gala 2014 London
- Royal Academy of Arts Summer Exhibition 2013 London
- The Photographers' Gallery The World in London 2012 London
- The AOP Open Awards 2012 Dray Walk Gallery London
- Foto8 Summershow 2012 Foto8 Gallery London
- The Art of Photography Show 2012 San Diego Art Institute
- Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize 2011 National Portrait Gallery London
- The AOP Open Awards 2011 Dray Walk Gallery London
- Unhidden: Documentary Photographs of Contemporary Wales 2010 MOMA Wales